Wednesday, September 08, 2004

It's Affirmative: I Hate My Job!

It's Affirmative: I Hate My Job!

MSN has an article today giving their top ten pointers in their riveting article "Ten Tips for Coping with a Job You Hate". I have chosen to address each of these tips (aka: nonsense) in regards to how they relate to me...

1. Set weekly goals for yourself.
My weekly goal is simple. It is simply to just make it until Friday where like Fred Flintstone when that taradactal (or whatever sort of prehistoric bird that is) sounds the alarm that the work day is over and a long weekend of drinking can begin.

2. Do one thing each day to help you reach your goals.
The best thing I can do to help me reach my goal is to save on the money I spend on lunch during the week, so that I have that much more to spend on booze and cabs come Friday.

3. Give yourself "me time" before work.
I usually like to do this at night before I go to bed… but I’m always one for mixing it up.

4. Create a diversion for yourself in the office.
I'm pretty sure that’s what I’m doing right now…

5. Use your time to develop your skills.
Here, here… I've almost perfected my beat box!

6. Blow off some steam.
I’m going to assume this means taking half-hourly smoke breaks. Check!

7. Treat yourself.
Perhaps if somebody paid me more this could come to fruition...

8. Maintain your performance.
I’m nothing if not consistent. I’ve “maintained” the same low level of performance (simply in the work forum... I don't want anyone getting any wrong ideas) from day one…

9. Keep your bridges in tact.
Burn, baby, burn…

10. Realize that this too shall pass.
LIARS!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sample Job Resume Job Resume said...

I was searching blogs,and I found your site.Please
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
nose job Texas
It pretty much covers nose job Texas related stuff.
Have a good day!

November 16, 2005 at 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home