Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Working?!

Working?!

I know you'll hardly believe it, as I am having a hard time believing it myself, but this is the first time I've had free today. Frankly, I haven't been busy (and that's realitively objective) in three or so years. Work has kept me pretty busy the last two days. Last night I attended the Johnny Cash/June Carter Cash auction at Sotheby's. A less then stellar turn out in my opinion. I am told that most of the bidding was over the phone, but I'd like to point out that I only saw 7 or so in the bid bank, not to mention there were less then 30 people on the floor. At any rate, saw some lovely ensembles, sheet music, lyrics, and an infinity of guitars. The greater part of today I spent at Christie's at their Post-War and Contemporary sale. I purchased one painting and am quite proud of myself. Rachel had invited me to the Patricia Field's show for Candie's at Marquee last night that Lil Kim was performing at, but turns out it's a good thing that I decided Real World was more important, because by the time my actual lot came up I was already having enough trouble keeping my eyes open, regardless of the Wessleman paintings and their many erect nipples.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home