Monday, January 10, 2005

All in all I would say this was a solid weekend. Saturday's daydrinking fete played out nicely as noted by Bernie. With over 50 friends/acquaintances/enemies showing up, I almost made it a whole 24 hours with a drink in my hand, but fell short just shy by 5 hours. Not a bad effort. Awards go to the following:

MVP for Miles Traveled: I originally awarded this to my college chum Erica (aka MK) for traveling in from Hoboken only to leave several hours later for her weekly gig as barkeep back in the Jerse. But after careful consideration (and without knowing most of the facts) I believe Madhu Satayaranya deserves ample snaps. All I know is he arrived in a car and it was loaded with 250 beers.

MVP for Best Ensemble: Well this goes without saying that Bernie takes the cake on this one. Underneath his trench lay a pair of hush puppies, navy blue tights, smiley face joe boxers with a bling encrusted "Bernie" belt, and topped off with a sweat band. Only Bernie would have the foresight to bring a change of clothes, which he appropriately dawned before meeting up with Hushbubbles at Brass Monkey. It truly was night and day when I spotted him later in the evening.

MVP for Biggest Ego Boost: With an unexpected twist later in my evening at Bowery Bar I was greeted very nicely by a stranger asking me if I was Kiki. Thanks go to Jimmy for making me feel famous. My apologies if after 12 hours of drinking I appeared cross eyed and suffering from a stroke on one side of my face.

MVP for Best/Worst Idea: MoMo had the fantastic idea of making Saturday a game of "drink tally" in which you keep record on your body with black marks of drinks ingested. A fabulous idea throughout the night indeed, only to be the worst idea this morning when the words "I suck dick for a living" won't come off of visible areas prior to work.

18 Comments:

Blogger Bernie said...

Perfect Recap. Jimmy identified a legend. You are the queen of all medias.

January 10, 2005 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger its me said...

I have that pic to email you that I took. You guys look fab! -Zey

January 10, 2005 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Bernie said...

I think Madhu has at least 10 more letters in his last name.

January 10, 2005 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Always ready and willing to boost others' egos. I'm honored with the MVP award. Strangely enough, I ended my night at the Brass Monkey. I swear I am not stalking you.

January 10, 2005 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

And oddly enough before B Bar we were going to hit up Manahatta, but my favorite door guy, Dutch (sigh...) no longer works there so we just went to the closest place we could find.

After you left I got some girl to sing opera at the top of her lungs to the entire bar... serveral times.

January 10, 2005 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Wish I'd known, we could've used you and JdeG to get in Manhatta. The fact that we are telepathic about where we drink is a very special blogger bond, though.

January 10, 2005 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Manhattan Transfer said...

That was a fantastic time. Let's do it again soon. Someday when I don't have to leave to go somewhere and be reasonably responsible. You were cheated on Saturday since no one got to see me fall down and I could still talk when left.

January 10, 2005 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Bernie said...

Blogging is so fuckin cool! I have never had many friends and now I fell like I am accepted.

Kiki thank you for saving my life and introducing me to this world!

I will never stop Blogging NEVER!!!!!

January 10, 2005 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Hushbubbles said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 10, 2005 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Lulu gets MVP for nuzzling the most men into her tatas......

January 12, 2005 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Hushbubbles... why did you take down your comment? My feelings are hurt... now I must go off and nuzzle my face in Lulu's knockabilly's to make myself feel better.

January 12, 2005 at 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought one beer for every letter in my last name.

January 12, 2005 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

I'm going to assume that's you, Mr. Satyanarayana?!

January 13, 2005 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
It may look like it was hard work, but my vaginal plastic surgery blog was simple.

December 15, 2005 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
yours is a blessing.
Hey why don't you peep my plastic surgery photo blog site.

December 15, 2005 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
Look who checking out my celebrity plastic surgery blog?

December 17, 2005 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Please go over my plastic surgery breast augmentation blog.

December 17, 2005 at 5:43 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Want to see top notch work, peep my plastic surgery nj blog site for the bomb work!

December 17, 2005 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home